Think you know the beef industry in and out? The knowledge bowl contest is for you. Get together a group of four friends, and join us for our annual knowledge contest. It’s a perfect time to practice for the state quiz bowl competition!
Questions about the knowledge bowl can be directed to Expo staff at email@example.com or 651-643-6476.
Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022 (Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum Concourse)
10:30-11 a.m.: Check-in at the Coliseum concourse
11 a.m.: Contest instructions & contest begins; awards will be presented immediately following contest
RULES & INFORMATION
- The contest will be designed after the Minnesota 4-H contest, and all questions will be related to the beef industry.
- Teams will consist of four members. A team may have a fifth person as a substitute, but teams with less than four members are not accepted. A substitute can enter once between rounds and must complete the competition after entry.
- There will be three age divisions. Please use your age as of the first day of the Expo:
- Junior: 11 and under
- Intermediate: 12 to 14
- Senior: 15 to 21
- Pre-registration is required and the registration form can be downloaded here.
- $20/team (entries postmarked by Oct. 7)
- $25/team (entries postmarked Oct. 8-13)
- Each Knowledge Bowl contest will have three phases in a match:
- Phase #1 – Individual questions (one question per player)
- Phase #2 – One-on-one questions (eight questions total; two per player)
- Phase #3 – Open questions (10 toss-up questions; two bonus; any player can answer)
- Overtime – Three open questions (anyone can answer; sudden-death after that if still tied)
Scoring & Awards
- Teams will be scored based on their performance in each phase, and the team with the highest score in each division will win.
- Phase #1 – 5 points per correct answer; no loss of points
- Phase #2 – 10 points per correct answer; no loss of points
- Phase #3 – 10 points per correct answer; no loss of points, 10 points for correct bonus answer; no loss of points, 20 point team bonus if all four members answer a question
- Overtime – 10 points per correct answer; no loss of points
- Awards will be given to the top two junior, intermediate and senior teams immediately following the final contest.