Calling all aspiring photographers! The Minnesota Beef Expo is holding its first ever photography contest to highlight the people, places and cattle of the Midwest beef industry. Photos will be displayed during the Expo near the silent auction area in the Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum Concourse.
Questions about the photography contest can be directed to Expo staff at email@example.com or 651-643-6476.
Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022 (Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum Concourse)
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Entries may be delivered to the Silent Auction table in the Coliseum Concourse
Thursday evening: Judging (except for People’s Choice voting) takes place and ribbons are awarded
Sunday, Oct. 23, 2022 (Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum Concourse)
8 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Entries must be picked up from the Silent Auction table in the Coliseum Concourse. Photos not retrieved after that time will be disposed of, and images will not be mailed back.
RULES & INFORMATION
- The photography contest is FREE to enter!
- Each contestant may choose two categories to enter, and may enter one image (both color and black & white are accepted) for each. Categories include:
- Agriculture people
- Age groups for the photo contest will be as follows. Grade levels and ages are based on the first day of the Expo:
- Junior: Grades 2-5
- Intermediate: Grades 6-8
- Senior: Grades 9 – age 21
- Adults: Age 22 and up
- Pictures must have been executed since Jan. 1, 2021
- All entries must be secured on a piece of suitable mat board no larger than 11“x 14”
- There is no need to frame your photos behind glass
- Please include your name, age, email, phone number and category entering on the back of your photo/mat board
- Ribbons will be awarded to the top three images in each age group in each category
- Winners in each category will have the opportunity to have their photos featured in Expo ads and social media
- People’s Choice Award: Visitors and exhibitors will be able to vote on their favorite image in each category starting on Friday, Oct. 21, at 8 a.m. People Choice voting will close on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 6:30 p.m., and winners will be named that evening.