As a reminder, we have some major schedule & policy changes this year. Please keep these changes in mind as you plan for the 2018 show.
Beef Expo Schedule Changes
• The barns will open for stalling on Thursday, October 18 at 6 am.
• The Sullivan Supply Stock Show University Fitting Contest will be held after the Seminar on Thursday, October 18. Contest will begin at 2:30 p.m.
• The Sale Show will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the Supreme Row Sale will begin at 11 a.m.
• There will be a Supreme Row Dessert Social at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 20 with the Supreme Row Selection beginning at 2:30 p.m. At this time the Minnesota Beef Ambassadors will be recognized, the 2018 MYBEP heifers awarded and the 2017 MYBEP Achievement Award recipient announced. The Supreme Row Winners will be named.
• The Market and Prospect Shows will both be held on Saturday, October 20 beginning at 4 p.m.
Junior Activities Age Requirement
• Any youth may exhibit animals or participate in Junior Activities provided that they are in at least second grade and have not
reached their 22nd birthday on opening day of the Minnesota Beef Expo.
Junior Show Registration
• NEW! Showmanship must be preregistered online by 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 18.
• NEW! If your animal gets away from an exhibitor three times during a competition, the exhibitor and animal will be excused from the show ring.
• All animals must be pre-registered online by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 14 prior to the event. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE SHOW with the exception of animals purchased on the sale on Saturday; animals bought on the sale can be shown in the Junior Show on Sunday provided they sign-up after the sale. All other entries must go through our online registration system. There will be no refunds for no-shows. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact our office for assistance.
Junior Show Stalling
• Animals will be allowed in the barn from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 18 and must be in place on Friday, October 19.
• Exhibitors must check-in at the Junior Show office prior to unloading to receive their stalling assignments.
• Barns will be open for stalling beginning at 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 18 and on Friday, October 19 from 6 a.m. until 10 a.m. If you arrive later than 8 p.m. on Thursday, you may not take stalls in the barn or in tie outs, your cattle must remain on the trailer until the office opens again for stalling on Friday at 6 a.m.
• All animals will be stalled on a first-come, first-serve basis as they arrive. No stalling requests will be taken prior to 6 a.m. on Thursday.
Junior Show Check-In Times
• Junior show check-in will start at 8 a.m. on Thursday, October 18 and run until 6:00 p.m.. Check-in will continue Friday at 8:00 a.m. until 11 a.m.
• All animals, including Prospect Steers, Prospect Heifers and Market Beef, must check-in during junior show check-in. Prospect Steers, Prospect Heifers and Market Beef will be weighed from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, October 19 but must be checked in at the junior show office by Friday at 11 a.m.
• New! Registrations for showmanship will only be taken through the online registration system and those entries will close at 8 pm on Thursday, October 18. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME. Exhibitors must confirm their entry with the show office in order to compete. The Showmanship Fee is $5.
Other Miscellaneous Items
• We will be able to take credit card payments at the junior show office for any additional fees or payments.
• Please review the animal health requirements for 2018, specifically the animal ID requirements.
• All parking signs will be enforced. There is no parking on the roads around the barns or Coliseum. Violators will be ticketed
and/or towed. All livestock trailers must be parked in the Canfield Lot D.
• All dogs at the show must be on a leash. This is a Minnesota State Fair facilities requirement.
• The Radisson is the headquarter hotel for 2018. There is a block of rooms at a discounted rate available for
Beef Expo exhibitors but do fill up fast. The $99 per room rate is only available until October 5 or until the block is filled.
Virginia Mold, Coordinator
phone: (651) 643-6476
1265 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, Minnesota 55108
2540 North Cleveland Ave.
Roseville, MN 55113
(651) 636-4567 | (800) 333-3333
Official Livestock Photographer
of the MN Beef Expo: