Virginia Mold, Coordinator
phone: (651) 643-6476
1265 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, Minnesota 55108
Official Livestock Photographer
of the MN Beef Expo:
1330 Industrial Blvd. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
JUNIOR SHOW RULES & REGULATIONS
Animals must have a legible ear tattoo corresponding to the purebred registration certificate recognized by the breed association to be eligible to show in a purebred division or class. Any animal not meeting these criteria will be moved to an appropriate commercial division or class. All breeding females must have proof of registration. This will be checked by the show staff at check-in.
HEIFERS OR STEERS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO SHOW IN ONE BREED SHOW & DIVISION.
1) Any youth may exhibit animals or participate in Junior Activities provided that they
are in at least first grade and have not reached their 22nd birthday on opening day of the Minnesota Beef Expo.
2) Any breed with fewer than five (5) entries may not be offered. Entries will be placed in another appropriate class.
3) All purebred entries must be registered or recorded with their respective breed organization.
4) Requirements to show in the breeding heifer classes:
5) Any eligible junior that violates any of the rules of the MBE, or knowingly attempts to misrepresent an animal or its registration, or acts in an unbecoming manner, shall be disqualified for exhibition and no premiums shall be paid. Such action shall be taken as deemed necessary by the MN Beef Expo Executive Board.
6) Exhibitors must follow the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) National Code of Show Ring Ethics. By entering, the exhibitor agrees to abide by the IAFE code of ethics. Submission of entry indicates acceptance of all rules, regulations, and releases associated with the event. Photos taken during the Expo by staff or official photographers may be used for promotional reasons.
7) All animals must be exhibited by the junior in whose name the animal has been entered. In the event that there is more than one entry per class, the animal may be shown by another MBE junior exhibitor.
8) All entries must be filed online before noon on October 15 unless purchased at the MBE sale. Entries for sale animals must be made at time of settlement. Each exhibitor will be limited to two (2) entries per class.
9) Entry fee of $40 per head must accompany entry, unless animal is consigned for MBE sale. Entry fee for animals purchased at the sale by a junior is waived. Bedding is included in all entry fees. There is an additional $20 fee applied for entries made after noon on October 13. Tie-outs will be made available at $20 per head.
10) Space is not guaranteed for grooming chutes and tack space will be limited. Juniors are encouraged to share grooming chutes and tack areas.
11) Barns will open for stalling on Wednesday, October 18 from 3 -8 pm. They will reopen on Thursday, October 19 from 8 am to 8 pm and again from 6 am on Friday, October 20. Junior entries will be processed Thursday, October 19 from 10 am to 6 pm and from 8 am to noon on Friday, October 20. There will be no Saturday check in for animals.
12) For information on Junior Show entries or rules, contact the Minnesota Beef Expo at (651) 643-6476 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY ENTRY DEADLINE
Friday, October 13, 2017 by noon
LATE ENTRY DEADLINE
Sunday, October 15 at noon
Junior show entry submission is now closed.
Early entry fee: $40/head
Late entry fee: (after noon
Friday, October 13): $60/head
Tie-out fee: $20/head
Showmanship fee: $5/exhibitor
Camper fee: $25/night
Questions? Please contact: